American Red Cross Babysitter's Training
Date: Saturday, June 25, 2011 Time: 9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. (1/2 hr lunch) Cost: $40 per student **Full Scholarship Opportunities
available for immediate family
members of active, reserve, and retired/veteran military personnel.
Register today by calling 260-484-9336 x 240 or 1-800-513-2599 or www.redcross.org/en/takeaclass
For AGES 11-15 YEARS OLD
Babysitter’s Training has been newly revised by the American Red Cross with input from youth just like you. The course is fun and fast-paced with hands-on activities, exciting video, role-plays and lively discussions.
You’ll learn to be the best babysitter on the block. Plus, you’ll gain the confidence to make smart decisions and stay safe in any babysitting situation.
You’ll learn how to:
• Supervise children and infants
• Perform basic child-care skills such as diapering and feeding
• Choose safe, age-appropriate games and toys
• Handle bedtime and discipline issues
• Identify safety hazards and prevent injuries
• Care for common injuries and emergencies such as choking, burns, cuts and bee stings
• Communicate effectively with parents
• Find and interview for babysitting jobs
Cool Take-Home Training Materials Help You Get the Job Done Right
At your Babysitter’s Training class, you’ll receive excellent materials to help you be prepared and professional, including:
• Babysitter’s Training Handbook— full-color handbook filled with great information and resources to use in class and on the job.
• Babysitter’s Training Emergency Reference Guide—this easy-to-carry, compact booklet provides step-by-step instructions to handle common emergencies.
• Babysitter’s Training CD-ROM—provides tools to run your babysitting business, including a babysitting organizer, a printable activity booklet with games, crafts, songs and recipes, a resume template and more.